Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Family Photos for your 72 hour Kit!

I thought it might be a good idea to go a little more in depth into what I did for our family pictures for our 72 hour kits! It was VERY simple actually! All I did was find the photos I wanted to use (family, my hubby, me, and my baby) and opened them with photoshop. Make sure they are photos that your faces are visible, these can be used for anything from photos from children to look at to pass time, to photos needed for a search party! I typed our full names underneath and printed them onto regular paper. You could also just write the names under the photos. Then I cut them out and laminated them, punched holes in the corners and tied them together with some ribbon. If you arent able to get to a laminater, you can use packing tape over both sides and then just trim it!
This was SO fast and easy! And it was cheap so I can redo the book every time we get our new family photos!
Isn't he a cutie!?

7 comments:

Ginger@gingersnapcrafts.com said...

Great idea! :) Cute pictures, too.

Natalie said...

I did this recently too and put one in each person's kit. On each card I included everyone's name & birthday, phone numbers, emergency contact out of state (grandparents), and the date the photo was taken. I hate to think about it, but you never know if you'll need to provide photos for something!

Susie J. said...

I'll never forget the day my daughter went out to play with the neighbors... and then didn't come back. It was the most terrifying evening of my life! As the police officer asked me for a photo of her, my mind went COMPLETELY blank, and for the life of me I couldn't think of where I might find one. (and this was at HOME!) I finally had my oldest kiddo run and grab the family portrait off the wall, to let them use. Thank heaven it wasn't needed, she turned up in a matter of minutes... sleeping in MY bed! She'd snuck in the back door and curled up for a nap, so zonked out that she didn't hear us yelling her name, from underneath the covers of my bed.

Mom, Wife, and, Student said...

It is a really great idea to do this. I snipped a piece of hair and added it to the back of the photo before laminating it. If, Heaven forbid, DNA is needed should anyone come up missing, we have it for everyone. Horrible to think about, but a small easy extra step just in case.

Pam Scrima said...

Id also add Blood type, fingerprints, hair/eye color, as well as distringuishing scars, birthmarks or tattoos.

Angela said...

This is on my to do list. Getting prepared just in case. It would also be helpful to have not only names, birth dates, contact info, but also allergies. I thought I would put this on each backpack just in case. You never know if you will get separated.

Rachel said...

What a great idea! I also like the suggestions from Pam Scrima. Unfortunately, the suggestion from the commenter above her, about adding a snippet of hair for DNA, won't work. DNA is only found in the roots of the hair, not the shaft. Also, not sure, but the heating process from the laminator might destroy it. Anyway, will be making these up from this year's school pics!


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...