Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fold Over Elastic Flower Headband Tutorial

If you haven't noticed by now, I am a little beyond obsessed with making headbands for my Quinn. They are such a fun way to change up her outfits, and if you know a few key Etsy shops, they can also be a VERY affordable, and dare I say cheap, way to add to your little lady's wardrobe!
When I found out I was having a baby girl last year, I immediately went into to headband mode, and with the help of my Sister in Law, learned about lots of Etsy shops to help me keep my cost under control! Elastic by the Yard quickly came to be one of my very favorite shops! I love the quality and colors of the elastic they have, and their packaging is so cute an convenient! They are wrapped neatly around spools, instead of just floating around in my box! It does wonders for my OCD! ;)

You need:
Colored FOE (Fold Over Elastic) about 20 in.
White FOE
2 -- 2" felt circles
A medium button
Scissors and a glue gun
1. cut 12 1" strips of elastic, and hot glue the ends together, making the petals.
2. glue 6 petals around the felt circle.
3. on the OTHER side of the felt, glue the remaining petals in the open spaces.
4. attach your headband.
5. Glue the other felt circle over the elastic.
6. Glue your button to the top.
SUPER CUTE! Right!? That's what I thought and REALLY easy! 
Happy headband making!!
All elastic was provided by the Etsy Shop Elastic By The Yard. However, all opinions and ideas are 100% my own.

No comments:


Use the code STMMMS84668 to get $10 off instantly!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...